Tuesday 4 June 2013

Starting Out

So I have been thinking for some time about doing a makeup blog and I finally decided to try it out. This will pretty much be my first blog so bear with me as I figure it out. The main idea for this blog is to post makeup products I love and ones that I think are not worth the money you pay for them. Also I would like to post makeup looks that I am trying on myself as well as other people and to share helpful makeup tips that I have come across. Hope you all enjoy.

5 comments:

  1. awesome idea! If you need any tips about blogger, (nitty gritty how to stuff) - I know more about that than I do makeup, maybe:-) Ask away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Darla!! I really appreciate it. What would you say is the most important piece of advice you could give to a blogger starting out?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Make sure you familiarize yourself with the features of blogger (things you can add on the side columns etc). Then pick a design feature that works for you style wise and create a consistent look. I hate it when bloggers always change where to find things. I like to click around by route. Also, consistency with tagging and labeling your posts is KEY,so people can search for the topics of interest to them

    ReplyDelete
  4. make your header etc. perhaps add links to popular posts or how-to's etc. Something that makes it easy to navigate the site. My absolute fave makeup site to date is maskcara.com. She has great product reviews, makeovers, etc. I have bought many items because she recommended them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I checked out the Maskcara blog! Lots of great ideas from it. Thank you so much for all your helpful tips!

    ReplyDelete